Thursday, May 24, 2007

An experience that changed me forever!!!

The irony of life is you always learn the hard way! The loss of a friend… a family member… a near and dear one wrecks havoc in our lives! It teaches us a whole lot of life’s lessons!! I learnt a lot of lessons on that fateful day! Maybe it was a time when I could comprehend what was happening! Whatever it was I understood clearly what I was forced to deal with!

It’s almost a year from that dreadful day and I can still picture it. I lost a dear friend that day… I lost a part of me! He was always positive, cheerful and intellectual!! He was a dear friend… A loving and caring son… an affectionate brother! He dealt with things in his own way… in his own time! But he dealt with them rationally! He taught me a lesson ill never forget, he taught me it in the hardest way! He taught me life’s not about tomorrow, life’s not about worries…. it’s all about living in the moment! Unfortunately I didn’t learn it well enough! Fortunately his memory will stay with me forever and eventually I will learn it! Is that consolation enough for the loss?? That’s something I will never understand! There was something about him… he always understood… he always knew the right thing to say… he knew where it hurt… he knew how to help heal it! There was one flaw but he was just too kind!

He had his own set of goals, dreams, barriers he wanted to tear down and he would go to any extent to fulfill it! That’s a lesson I’m delighted I did learn! Determination and courage hand in hand they do wonders! His death put a great mind to rest! But it also stirred a lot others! To learn from the hero… to reach where he was … to able to set a target and not only reach it… but bring it down at your feet… crumbling under pressure! That’s what set him apart from them all… everything in his life was filled with passion, enthusiasm, care and love!

The experience of knowing him changed me forever! The experience of his death taught me things I don’t think I would have learned any other way!! He was a special guy! An angel in disguise alright! Somehow how much ever I try… I can’t begin to explain the impact he’s had, has and will have on me and my life! But it goes to say… that he’s left me speechless! Is it something I will forget with time? I don’t think so! Will death keep me from learning from him? I don’t think so!!

7 comments:

Parth Jhala said...

there is just no end to learning!! and maybe what we shud learn is that we dont need things to happen for us to learn..we can always learn from others!!! though u rightly said..some things..are learnt only the hardest way!! written very well..comes closest to doing justice to it! im sure he must be proud..of what hes left behind! of what he will be forever remembered as! of what positive changes hes bought abt in ppl! he did it all his life..and continues to do it even now! at the end of the write up..it left me with one striking thought..that death never really distances! if anything..it only binds more! keep writing!

praneeta said...

befitting description of him.. couldnt have written better... he was indeed a book of endless pages from which you could learn so much.modest in every possible way, yet challenged people with everything that he did. a born winner !!!!

Arjun said...

hmmm intense.....very deep....best by far! u've grown so much as a writer! learnt to put things in a better way....could still have done better.....coz there's never an end to learning! brilliantly put in all....keep learning n keep growing!

kavu! said...

okay!...i really don't know y i keep reading n crying (mayb i know :d)...its true how we can learn things from death…never can a word console one’s passionate pain of loosing a dear one...its a trauma ...its horrible!!...I am glad that u know that’s it’s a lesson in the end...muah girl!

p.s:-this is my fav one !

Nikita said...

hey dats soo kool...btw who ru?..saw ur comment on my blog.. :)

Nikita said...

oh ok..nw i read ur comment..sandhya's frnd..hehe okie :D

kapil said...

eventhogh ive read this so many times i get goosebumps everytime i read it! just goes to show how well it is written nd how well it captures his essence his charecter nd most of all his zest for life! a fitting tribute to one of the bestest guys il ever know nd will never ever forget!