Saturday, April 04, 2009

Sunday morning adventure!

Sunday mornings are usually really late mornings for me. But not this Sunday. With half open eyes as I groped around for my phone to check the time (which is my daily morning ritual). I realised it was too early to be up. 4:20 A.M means its still dark outside. I put my phone away and tried my very best to drift back to sleep. I don't know if it was the heat or just me. But sleep was the last thing on my mind. I finally gave up the thought of sleeping and decided to read a book. I dug around my bed for that book I have been trying to read. I always seemed to fall asleep when I want to read it. "The original plans as outlined by her husband Richard over many a happy bottle of wine...." *zzzzzzz*
Run, run run......*pant pant*. Why am I running? More important question where am I? I looked ahead, then to my left, my right and finally from where I had come, none of it was familiar. Trees, grass and some buildings in the distance ahead was all I could see. The heat was scorchingly painful and I was inappropriately dressed to face this heat. Denims and a tee? Who am I kidding? I wish I was in shorts. I looked around for a place to rest. Suddenly my mind wandered back to why I was running in the first place. Nothing that could have scared me to dash that way was anywhere in sight. Philosophy hits me because I see no other reason. I begin to quicken my steps and finally reached the cluster of buildings. It was a housing locality. I landed on the nearest bench and returned to my thoughts. I wondered if I should sift through the raging philosophies in my head. I finally gave in to them.
Running isn’t such a bad thing. Or is it? Running towards fulfillment of your dreams sounds inspiring. Running away from harsh reality does not sound so good. Which one of the two was I doing?
*Shake shake* “Time to walk the dog!!!” screams my sis. I wake up with half open eyes and waddle into the bathroom to take care of all my morning businesses.
As memories of my dream return I realise that reality you can run away from but sometime it does return to slap you in the face. Too philosophical? It might be. But it’s a thought. Why not we stop thinking of all the things we would like to do? We can and want to do? And just wake up and DO IT!

9 comments:

kapil said...

wow!! philosophy at its best huh! :) the way u described the dream nd then acually came up with a philosophical answer to it was just amazing! all this deep thinking at 4 20 in the morn??... very nice! :P put it right up there as one of my fav posts of urs! :D theres just something bout this i cant xplain tht i really loved! :)

D!! said...

min!!...really liked the approach to expressing the idea!!...lovely...:)


nice thought and well executed!

Srinidhi said...

@ kapil! thanks re! glad you liked it! :D
@mits! so sweet you are! :D im sure this was better to read that the illegible one! :p ummaah!

Mood Swings!! said...

Loved the way you used your imagination to express the thought!! Ditto Mits comment!!

Nicely written babe!

Srinidhi said...

thanks mish!! :D was wanting to know what you thought! :D ummmaaah!! :D

Sneha said...

Yeah I wish Nike hit me with a shoe and actually said "Shut up and just do it!"
Super post!

Srinidhi said...

thanks sne!!! so cute you are! ummmaaah! :*

Parth Jhala said...

tiring dream!!
great flow...takes u along and before u know it leaves a message!
p:s just do it!

Srinidhi said...

@paarth! hehe ya! :D thanks dude! :D will do it! :)