Thursday, November 11, 2010

Compassion Fatigue



You came to me for help,
I gave you my all,
A shoulder, a hug, a kiss,
A friend to lean on.

You never saw me,
In the way I did,
But, You always returned
To lean on me.

I never let you down,
You in turn grew on me,
A shoulder, a hug, a kiss,
I was there to lean on.

I was pushed down,
I looked for you,
You were no where to be found,
For me to lean on.

I felt let down,
When I needed only you,
A shoulder, a hug, a kiss,
A friend to lean on.

You came running,
When someone let you down,
I gave you my hand,
And a shoulder to lean on.

But, When I looked,
You were never found,
For, a shoulder, a hug, a kiss,
A friend to lean on.

Slowly I drained,
My power to feel,
I felt fatigue,
I was now all weak.

I let us reach here,
For you were never around,
For, a shoulder, a hug, a kiss,
Or a friend to lean on.

This is the end,
I am sorry we are here,
You drove me to,
My compassions end.

I never believed I would feel,
This let down,
For I never had your shoulder,
When I needed it to lean on.

8 comments:

D!! said...

Its beautiful!but dont write sad, the sadness makes me sad.

Ummaah!

Srinidhi said...

Awww. Next one happy. :) Promise :* :*

Thanks muttu!! :* :* <3 :)

huz said...

It's written just the way you'd write it :D But like Mitts said, it makes me sad! I love the writing and I want more more more!

kneehara said...

:) :) it's so well written :) :)
P.s- i'm always here if you need someone to lean on.. :) :) :*

Prathm said...

Wow!! Mins!!
Getting better and better at poetry too...
very coherent from the beginning to the end!!

Me likes your poetry!!

Prathm said...

P.S : the page looks great!!

M&A : Silky Hare aquired by Bunny (not so funny) said...

I am sorry I can't comment...because I would rather spend that time reading the rest of the poems on this blog..

kneehara said...

:) :) it's so well written :) :)
P.s- i'm always here if you need someone to lean on.. :) :) :*