Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Statelessness

Here I was,
believing I belonged,
little did I know,
they didn't feel alike.

We grew up as one,
growing into the other,
But little did I know,
I was always kept aside.

You told me we are one,
I absorbed what I saw,
But little did I know,
I didn't really belong.

You were mine too,
you said it so,
But little did I know,
that it was all a lie.

I was soon thrown out,
you didn't help me up,
But little did I know,
you would just watch me go.

People in power,
didn't like our bond,
But little did I know,
they only wanted all of you.

I was born into you,
but you were never mine,
Now I know, I would
always be a visitor to you.

I came looking for refuge,
I gave my heart to you,
But little did I know,
you would never really be mine.

Note: This one is from a refugee to the land. :)

11 comments:

The Enigmatic Mr.Piichu said...

sweet nids!! really powerful! i could just feel the emotion..9/10 from me.. amazing.

Between life's doings said...

You write beautifully babe. Lovely post. <3

Adi said...

With the kind of illegal immigration that is rampant, this poem is rather obsolete :P

Kidding. The last line was the clincher :D Write often :)

Chris Isaac said...

subtle hints :)

love it all :)

kneehara said...

beautiful! :) :* you are amazing! love you! :*

D!! said...

Awwwesome!! i didnt know this much potential was sleepingnext to me and drooling on my pillow!!! RESPECT!! ummaah!

Zeba said...

I hardly understand poetry, but I was able to understand most of this. That's saying something, I guess. ;)

Srinidhi said...

Enigmatic man :) :) :* Thanks! I always look forward to your comments.

Aarathi! :D Thanks babe <3 <3

Adi :) haha :) true but :) Thanks for reading :)

Chris :) Thanks :) :)

Knee :) :) :* Love :*

D! Your comment is the best one I have ever gotten :) thanks :*

Zeba! haha Im glad ;) thanks ;)

Anonymous said...

Cant believe I missed this!

Its so wonderfully rendered. Love the poetry and the simplicity with which u expressed such a deep thought.

Archana Chari said...

I understood the whole thing! That is pretty wow :)

Towards Harmony said...

Han!!
I didnt comment on this post! I think I have read it though!
It is BEEEAAAAUUUUTIFUL!!
Loving this highlights!