Saturday, August 27, 2011

The end?

I dial your number,
but never call,
we agreed it
would end,
this relationship
of ours.

I feel your pain,
I even understand why,
but there are so many
things left to say,
even a proper goodbye.

But,
We agreed it
would end,
this relationship,
of ours.

I write and re-write,
all my thoughts,
my wishes for you,
oh, my prayers too.
I just need to say,
at least a proper goodbye.


It isn't goodbye
I'm telling myself,
But a lie that is,
I know now.
I know very well.

For,
we agreed it
would end,
this relationship,
of ours.

I am left holding onto you,
I am left thinking about you,
Counting down days,
till I hear your voice again.
It is all a nightmare to me,
for this separation unreal it seems.

But,
it is over,
isn't it?
The relationship that was.


On a totally different note:
The song of the day.. :)


ENJOY


16 comments:

Red Handed said...

Those were some beautiful lines! Forgetting someone we have spent our whole heart loving is so hard.

Parth Jhala said...

This one came from deep inside..its beautiful! :)
Love the video..totally got the lyrics too! :P

Priyanka said...

How do you write like I feel it? Were we twins in the last summer of life? :)

Aamya said...

really emotional..and it shows tha
t u r writing what u actually felt..no fake emotions..very well done

Chintan said...

gosh! i suck at closures...one day i must make that call too....xx

Psych Babbler™ said...

Break ups are hard no matter who initiates it or whether it was mutual...loved the way you penned this down! :)

Prathm said...

Sad and Beautiful babe!

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

Now that it's over, and if it really is over in a different way, such that the pangs of pain are less frequent, stand your grounds :)

Nice read.


Cheers
Blasphemous Aesthete

Srinidhi said...

@red handed: I completely agree. It is very tough. :) Thanks for reading :)

@paarth: Thanks for understanding :) :* :*

@Priyanka: Then I am very lucky :) Thanks for that comment. :) Heartfelt :) :)

@Aamya: Welcome to my blog. Thanks :) :)

@Chintan: I suck too. I try hard to find it. :) xxx

@Psych blabber: I agree :) Thanks for your kind comment :)

@Pratham: :) :*

@Blasphemous Aesthete: Thanks for dropping by. :) Thanks :) I wish it wasn't over. But it is :) Keep visiting :)

kneehara said...

Love this! really beautiful! :) love you more :) :*

chitra said...

This is nice touchy poem .

Srinidhi said...

@kneehara: Thanks love :* :*

@Chitra: Thanks for visiting and your kind words. :) :)

Niya said...

sometimes, however much u want to forget and move on, your heart still linger on that same person...heart problem i guess :D

Natasha said...

These lines express a lot without revealing much. Its a gift.
Thank you for visiting my blog, Srinidhi.

Reicha Ahluwalia said...

In life some things never meant to last.
But many people move on thinking it just a past....!

Nice post indeed !
Take care :)

Srinidhi said...

@niya: So true :) :)

@Natasha: Thanks for dropping by too :) :) Thanks :)

@Reicha: Thank you :) For visiting too :)