Saturday, December 24, 2011

I am smart when the year ends.

The year was full of eye-opening, heart warming, heart wrenching, soul transforming moments. Just like most years but this year in particular (unlike the years that have passed) is ending on a good note.
 
 
I am adamant. I will do what I want. It is purely an Arian trait and one that I am actually not ashamed of.
 
I can devour books. Reading is my favourite pastime and more often than not, I like doing it in privacy.
 
I love engaging in conversations about the problems that plague the world. More than that, I love hearing a contradicting point of view coherently put forth. I am willing to listen and open to change of heart.

When I am passionate about something, I am motivated to accomplish the task.

"No, I didn't invite those stares. Covered I was, I fought. Years later, I realised, in your filthy eyes, naked I will always be. #Story140"
A valuable lesson might I add.

A job for me is not something that only gives me money. It must make me happy as well.
 
Family, home, friends change just as much as they stay the same.

I want to be an independent woman more than most other things.

Fiction is a way for me to live in a world I imagine. Even if it is just for a few hours.

Relationships, friendships, any bond, needs time, attention, love, care and endless hard work. Nothing great comes easy.

I like living in a house with animals. Need to get one.

I might be selfish. But then again, why shouldn’t I be?

‘Broken hearts will mend’. That was our beginning coming to an end.

I take guilt trips for free. Must change.

Only I can set myself free from the society and its stereotypical expectations.

I can remember every hard word spoken, written, texted to me, in verbatim. Probably the date as well. Must learn to let go.

Compliments are rare. Must learn to accept them and believe them as well.

I am my best judge and my worst critic.

My dreams, my passions, my career are important to me. I am not shamed by that.

Living in a strange city was made a lot easier by my amazing sister and Phil.

I have forgotten how to make friends.

Gilmore girls is the ultimate guilty pleasure.



Dear 2012,
 
You look promising. New job, new city, new dreams. All waiting for me. Take me to a happy place and I will learn to fly. Maybe even soar. In the mean time, thank you Mr Past for making me who I am. Bugger off now.
 
Sincerely,
I-have-faith-in-the-unknown

14 comments:

Parth Jhala said...

Haha..still grinning from the funny end! :P
You write end of year blogs very well! I recollect a post last year too!
A sense of starting with a clean slate is so uplifting! :) Comes thru in this one!

Red Handed said...

Truly was an eye opener indeed...2012 seems pretty good!

Psych Babbler™ said...

I am so with you and like you in some aspects...found myself nodding to the following statements:
" I am adamant. I will do what I want" [Except, it's not an Arian trait but a Capricornian one here]

"I can devour books. Reading is my favourite pastime and more often than not, I like doing it in privacy."

"A job for me is not something that only gives me money. It must make me happy as well."

"I want to be an independent woman more than most other things."

"I have forgotten how to make friends." [Especially since starting work!]

2012 sounds very promising for you and I hope it brings great things Nids!!

sumitra said...

I find it hard to let go of harsh words too. Letting go is important, like you said.

Hope you have a wonderful 2012 and all your dreams are fulfilled. :)

Between life's doings said...

This is so immensely beautiful! "ring out the old, ring in the new, ring happy bells..." Good luck for the new year and the new possibilities babe.

Sinduja said...

I see a strong statement of self-awareness and self-reflection in these words! And that, I think, will always be your best friend and greatest guide - one that will take you through tough times. Keep it up and good luck! Good to see intuitive idealistic bloggers! :)

Chintan said...

Reading new year posts are fun....with a hint of retrospective....

I am with you w.r.t job and house...it is getting harder for me too to make friends....

such a relatable post...

Spaceman Spiff said...

I find hard to let go of hard words that have been spoken to me too. Very hard.I can forgive, not forget. I really must learn to forget too.

Have a wonderful year ahead, my dear. :) Hope the new city and new job do you good. And please do write more often. Like, seriously.

Beautiful display pic. :) Can't stop looking at it (in a completely heterosexual way, of course :/).

Srinidhi said...

@Parth: Thanks re :) Yes. I need to start with a clean slate. :) :*

@Redhanded: Yes it does. :D I am hoping for the best. Thanks :*

@Psychbabbler: eheheh! :) I like!! :D I am glad to not be alone. :D Thanks for the wishes :* A plesant new year to you.

@Sumitra: Yes it is. I hope you manage it as well. :) Thank you for visiting :)

@Between life's doing: I always LOVE your comments. :) Thanks :*

@sinduja: Thanks for a warm comment. :) I will try to stay smart :) :*

@Chintan: Thanks babe for dropping by :) Yes. They I think are the most reflective :)

@Spaceman spiff: *BLUSH*. Photographer gets the compliments. :)Same here. Sorta eats you inside. Will try to write more. I have a bad habit of not wanting to publish them. :P Happy new year :)

Soumya said...

Forgive but never forget. Never ever. And be selfish. Hello, who else can be more important than you!

Love ya, hope you have a wonderful year ahead :)

kneehara said...

:) :) i always like these list type of things that you make :P i feel nice when i read them :) next year is going to be kick-ass! :*

:-Dee said...

That was a revelation post!!! :) I loved the letter to 2012... very creative & naiceee!!! Wishing you a promising Mr future!!! :)

Towards Harmony said...

Awesome S!
You might have inspired me to write one :-)

So many of them could have been me!

Have a good good 2012!

R-A-J said...

Aaah, a another beautiful year makes way for another.... :)

I remember someone saying that the more a year unfolds itself, the more one discovers one's own self... looks like you too have found a lot about u in the last year...:)

Here's wishing you and yours the very best wishes for a fabulous New Year in 2012!!.. nice to hv found u last year.. :)

Happy New Year, Srinidhi :)