Thursday, March 29, 2012

Getting away and letting go..

Lets get a few things out of the way, I think too much (usually) and I am one of those people that most people would say takes life too seriously at the young age of 21 (almost 22). But every once in a while, I loosen up, let my really-short hair down and have some fun. The month of march gave me a few occasions to do so.

After lots of hard work, I finally had the good fortune of having two simply fabulous weekends in March. I went home for a weekend, which meant sleeping on the perfect dog Lay, laughing with my awesome sister D, chilling with the happy family, spending time with my lovely man P and the bonus of hanging out with a dear childhood friend, A. It was relaxing, rejuvenating and everything I needed. I returned to work with my well known hanger-in-my-mouth happy smile. :D

Just two weeks later, two of my sweet friends, AJ and K, decided that we just had to run far away from the city and the madness of work. And that is exactly what we did. We went far away into the woods. I indulged myself completely in the sights, smells, tastes, sounds and feeling of being around mother nature. After just a few hours of truly appreciating her and the relaxing, I saw something I had never seen before. As my friend AJ lazed around on the hammock under a beautifully lit starry night, she spotted something flickering near a tree. It was a tiny, yet fancy Firefly. I just watched it flutter and fly around for several minutes, completely absorbed in its beauty. The tiny fella took me by surprise and I kept staring. Soon, we went to bed in our tents and slept a good, fulfilling nights sleep. Bright, early and foggy, we set out on a nature walk. It was exhilarating to see birds I had never seen before and smell the fresh morning air. Who would have realised that happiness was that simple?

After a good breakfast, we rushed to a waterfall nearby that everybody was talking about. Huffing and puffing, we walked on, soon enough we heard the sound of the waterfall get louder and closer. And, there she was, not too big, not too small. Just perfect. As my friends urged me to go stand under her, I just remember letting go. I let the cold water fall on me and numb my senses. I let go of the negativity and the disappointment I had been carrying along. For in that moment, it was just me and the cold water. I don't remember the last time I felt that liberated.

I am grateful to AJ and K, for not just taking me along on this trip, but for reminding me that life is about these simple joys. About those jokes that just don't make sense. About getting child-like excited about a starry night. About jumping around on a trampoline. About smiling, singing, laughing, eating and living. :-)



12 comments:

kruti said...

so simply beautiful :)

Spaceman Spiff said...

I can sense the hanger-in-the-mouth smile on your face still. :)
Life's indeed about the smaller joys. The ones that give unexpected happiness... :)

Psych Babbler™ said...

Great that you could get away! Btw, you are 21??? Sheesh...I feel old now!

Soumya said...

Ahhhh Bliss!! :)

21?? That's it. Okay now I second Psych Babbler!! :O

Parth Jhala said...

Spot on! :) A little time with nature is just the perfect stimulant! Its another matter that we get so little of it and is so hard to find in a concrete box! Glad you got your share! :D

Arpita said...

haha considering you made the payments and calls (ahem till i finally do the accounts!), officially you took us along :D

And yes - nothing quite like a bunch of fireflies twinkling against the starry sky or the minivet swooping from tree to tree - to soothe the troubled soul..Noone beat ole mother nature as counsel yet :)

Towards Harmony said...

AWESOME! babe! Glad you had fun. The photo is totally giving the message of 'Let go and go crazy'
I must go where you went. Seems Beautiful!

*HUGS*

kneehara said...

i love this post! :)
you can sense the calm and happiness that you felt just by reading it :)

i'm a little jealous that you got to play in a waterfall :P but i'm glad you did :) :* :*

Jack said...

Srinidhi,

Read all pending posts. One surely needs space in mind to pen down thoughts. It is possible to get over infidelity but a relationship is like fine silk thread which once broken though can be joined back but knot remains. Lucky is the one for whom you wrote the poem Rain. One has to let go and enjoy small things in life if one wishes to remain sane. It is so nice that you enjoyed your trip in forest.

Take care

Srinidhi said...

@kruti: Thank you :)

@spaceman spiff: Thats what i loved! I was still so happy after it had ended :)

@Psych babbler: Almost 22 :P Sorry :P

@Soumya: Yes. Child :P

@Parth Jhala: hehe Thanks :*

@Arpita: YES! :D Oh the joys no? :D MORE!

@Towards harmony: YES. GO you must :D *HUGS*

@Kneehara: hehe Thanks love :* :*

@Jack: Thanks for your detailed comments. :D Keep visiting :)

deeps said...

the last para speaks it all :D
life is like that

Kanchan Agarwal said...

Yeah. The smallest of small experiences bring the simplest and purest of joys to this silly heart of ours.